Friday 21 December 2012

Recent Beauty Buys

I've bought all these bits recently and I wanted to share my thoughts on them. I rarely spend a lot of money on beauty stuff but some of it was gifted and all these products are really affordable from Boots and Superdrug.

First up is some hair care products. Tresemme Keratin Smooth heat protection shine spray 200ml bottle from Superdrug for just under £3, which is really good as it's been reduced in Superdrug. Heat protection is so essential for keeping your hair manageable and in good condition! I found this one really good for making my hair look shiny and feel glossy as well as protecting it when I blow dry my hair and for using flat irons. Thumbs up!
The second hair care product is L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil for just under £10 from Superdrug again. I've been meaning to buy this for a while now because I heard good reviews about it and it's quite versatile. You can use it on dry hair before you wash it like you would with hot oils or something. You can put it on after washing when it's wet to add shine and protect from blow drying. You can aslo put some on when its dry and clean to add shine after styling etc. Obviously I wouldn't advice to use it all three ways in one wash...it would probably be very greasy and you'd use up the bottle quite fast! Anyway I really like this product because my hair has bleached ends and it stops it being too dry and adds shine. I usually use it when my hair is wet or in between washes to stop my hair looking dry andd ratty. A little goes quite a long way with this as well so it's definitely good for your money.  

Next up are some face products. Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent I heard about this product from beauty vloggers on YouTube and they all said it was a really good powder for a drug store beauty product and it's only £4 from Boots. I don't wear powder all the time but I thought it was worth picking up for those nights out when I want my make up to stay flawless and stop me looking shiny! I've only used it a couple of times but it looks really good, not cakey or particularly powdery either. 
Now for one of my favourites Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Concealer in the colour 'Fair'. I love it!! I heard about it through YouTube again and everyone was talking about how good it was for a cheap drug store brand. For just over £4 you can't go wrong really. It's really thick and gives really good coverage. I used to use the foundation that goes with this concealer and it was also quite thick and gave medium to heavy coverage but their lightest colour didn't really blend with my own skin tone very well unlike the concealer which is perfect. 
Now for some eye make up products. Another new favourite of mine is MUA eyeshadow in Pearl Shade 11 for £1!!! I've been wanting to try out gold shades on my eyes after watching Zoella's YouTube videos because she really pulls of gold eyeshadow and red lips. I want to buy NARS Mekong which is quite similar in shade but I bought this MUA one to just see if I actually suited gold shades first. I also love some of the MUA eyeshadow palettes and for a cheap price I think it's good because I'm not a massive eyeshadow person so it would be a waste of money if I bought some really expensive palette and hardly used it. 
Collection 2000 Khol Eye Liner Pencil in Black I've been needing a pencil liner so I picked up this one which is really pigmented and goes on the water line really well unlike some other pencil liners. It's also good for creating a smokey eye look.
Maybelline The Colossal - Volum' Express Mascara in 100% Black. I've always loved Colossal from Maybelline since it came out when I was still at school. It doesn't dry too quickly, it's not clumpy and it makes my eyelashes super long and really dark! I do get asked if I'm wearing fake eyelashes sometimes. 

All these products are really good, affordable drug store buys and I'd highly recommend them. Hope that was interesting or helpful in someway or another. Merry Christmas guys!
xx




2 comments:

  1. Thks for the reviews. I'm looking to try the colossal mascara :) xA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Glad it was helpful :) yes it's such a good mascara xx

      Delete